The new and improved Silverback! This is the Chimps big brother kit. If you're ready to make the switch from whatever your current nicotine delivery of choice is to vaping, this is the kit to get you going and keep you going.
This new Silverback includes the Kanger Evod VV battery as opposed to the standard "ego" twist and now comes with Mini Protank 2's with 4 replacement coils instead of 2 evods and 3 replacement coils. Overall, this is an across the board upgrade from the previous versions of the Silverback.
So this kit includes: 2x 1000mAh Kanger Evod VV batteries, 2x Mini Protank 2s (replaceable drip tip, glass tank), 4 replacement coils-1.8ohm, 1 500mA USB-510 charging cable and my own special touch, the 306 debridged dripping atomizer and tip for juice taste testing.
Some details below on the differences between the previous ego twists and current Kanger Evod VV's and the evod vs Mini Protank swap.
I've started stocking the Kanger Evod VV batteries. Basically these are Kanger's take on the Ego Twist classic. The form factor is a little different and the build quality is amazing. Here are some of the differences:
1. Button is almost flush with the body instead of being a hard plastic 'nipple' type button. It has an illuminating ring around the button itself to let you know if it's firing.
2. It is slightly longer than the classic Ego Twist, however, I've disassembled a couple and it looks like that extra space is being taken up by a more robust set of components inside.
3. The switch assembly is not a separate piece that's just press fit into the metal tube, so this is much less likely to get popped apart in your pocket (I'd still be careful though!)
4. The 'twist' on the bottom is much more durable feeling. It's snug but not too tight and it's very clearly marked with voltage levels.
5. The charger is a 500mA charger as opposed to the normal 240mA that comes with most Ego style Twists, this means faster charging!
Also changing in this kit is the Mini Protank 2 instead of the Evod. I feel the Evod is still a great, all around clearomizer, but the last thing a new user needs to worry about, or be getting warned about, is tank killer juice. It can be a little scary for a brand new vaper to be told "Oh, don't put that liquid in your tank, it'll melt it... but, don't worry, totally safe to inhale!" explaining all that can be a challenge. So... I'm taking that risk out of the equation and including the new Mini Protank 2 with my kits. These have glass tanks, replaceable drip tips, and come with 2 heads. My previous chimp kit only had 1 replacement coil in it so we're already adding value!
The video below is still 'mostly' accurate, I'll be updating it soon.